Thank you Karl for the wonderful designs! These are my first builds and had no previous experience soldering and 3d printing but upon reading a lot of the tutorials from Karl, I have made my first attempt! Below are some photos of the build and my thoughts about the build.
These are the parts holding the gears and switches. I would recommend printing the shafts and rod adaptor with hard materials as they need to withstand a considerable amount of force when rotating with the knobs. Using harder materials (for me I tried using PA-CF) makes it feel more solid and not easily dent or break when tightening the knobs with screw grubs. However, they are less forgiving when fitting them onto other parts (Expect the fit to be very tight!).
Karl recommend using resin printing for the rod adaptor as it is very fragile. Indeed it breaks very easily if printed placing vertically and using normal PLA. I printed it horizontally so is less likely to break at the layer lines. Using stronger material also helps.
I did not daisy chain the grounds to all the switches and encoders....As a newbie I am prone to mistakes. I find that keeping the wiring as separate sets (for me its 3 - left gear, right gear and the front plate.) makes it much easier to fix in case there's a wiring problem or issue with parts that require you to dissasemble your build.
This is the main body.